Lots of people make New Year’s Resolutions to eat healthier. Here are some ways to eat healthier without even realizing it.
- swap out store bought tortilla chips for home made tortilla chips
- cut corn tortillas into 4 triangles, places on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, lightly spray top of chips and sprinkle with salt, bake 18-20 minutes at 350 until crispy, if baking two sheets rotate half-way through
- add lentils to ground beef dishes like taco meat, sloppy joes, and chilly. People won’t notice the difference while you reduce fat and add fiber. Lentils are also cheaper so you’ll save money. Simply add a cup to your mix while on the stove and 1/2 cup of water or more depending on consistency. Allow to cook at least an hour. Enjoy.
- Make cauliflower mashed potatoes instead of mashed potatoes (fifteen spatulas).
- try cauliflower rice (in freezer section of Hinrichs Supervalu) to enjoy with stir fry (Minimalist Baker)
- Try baking instead of deep frying for recipes like these Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- (fifteen spatulas)
- Add cinnamon to oatmeal and yogurt for a hint of sweetness without the calories