Smoothies are the ultimate quick and easy breakfast. Simply throw a bunch of ingredients in a blender, blend and go. Here are some smoothie recipes sure to please your entire family.
Smoothie Tips and Tricks:
- if your kids don’t finish their fruit, put in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for your next smoothie
- freeze overripe bananas in a freezer bag without their peel for quick smoothies
- Make a big batch of smoothies on the weekend and freeze in muffin tins for a super quick smoothie weekday mornings.
- Add frozen juice concentrate
- Add chia or flax seeds for extra fiber and protein
- Add liquid first
- Don’t overfill blender
- Try milk alternatives like almond or soy milk
- use greek yogurt for extra protein
- For a unique twist on smoothies try adding grains for a spiced oatmeal smoothie (Kitchen Konfidence) or peanut butter banana and oat milkshake(Joy the Baker)
- Avocados make smoothies rich and creamy. Try this Blueberry Avocado Banana Smoothie recipe by Well Plated or this Avocado Banana Green Smoothie from Minimalist Baker
- Mangos are my favorite in smoothies. Try this Mango Yogurt Smoothie recipe (thekitchn.com)
- Everyone remembers Orange Julius smoothies, but no one likes the price. Make your own at home with this Copycat Orange Juilius from The Spruce Eats that will surely please the family.
- Check out The Food Network for 50 Smoothie Recipes ranging from basic banana to spa cucumber to mint-jalapeno
- You can also pour your smoothie into a bowl. Try this carrot cake smoothie bowl from Pinch of Yum or this favorite 5-minute smoothie bowl from Minimalist Baker which also gives lots of great advice for a thick and creamy smoothie bowl.