Hinrichs SuperValu offers are large selection of fresh and frozen meat (beef, chicken, pork, seafood) and specialty cheeses. Check out the meat department for specialty cuts, premade kabobs, seasoned pork roasts, and more.
Turkey drumsticks are not just for Thanksgiving. They are great for summer suppers. According to Livestrong, turkey legs contain about 200 calories, 28 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat and 0 grams of carbohydrates per 3 1/2 ounce serving. Serve these up with a fresh green salad and some berries and you have a delicious and healthy meal. Here are some recipes to try this summer:
- The Food Lab: Red-Wine Braised Turkey Drumstick recipe gives great step-by-step instructions with photos on how to braise the best drumstick from Serious Eats.
- If braising is your thing you can also try this Apple Cider-Braised Turkey Drumsticks from Food and Wine.
- The Pioneer Woman calls turkey legs Caveman Pops and roasts them in the oven.
- The slow cooker is a great way to cook food in the summer to avoid turning on the oven and heating up the house. Try this Slow Cooker Turkey Leg recipe from Allrecipes
- The Spruce provides some basics for Grilling Turkey Drumsticks
- Turkey drumsticks can also be smoked in about five hours from The Food Network.
- Leftovers!?!?!? If you have any Leftovers, try this Leftover Turkey Carnitas recipe from Serious Eats.
- For dessert, enjoy some home-made ice cream drumsticks from Cupcakes and Cashmere
Prime Rib Roast
Leave roast out until room temperature. Wet roast and sprinkle all sides with garlic, salt and pepper, and a couple drops of worcestershire sauce. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place roast bone side down and bake 1 hour. Turn oven off. KEEP DOOR CLOSED FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS!!! When ready to serve, turn oven back on to 375 for: 35 minutes for rare; 45 minutes for medium; 50 minutes for well done.
Visit the meat department or call the store to order your personalized meat and cheese tray or special cuts of meat.
Here are some great recipes to serve your family the BEST RIBS ever:
- Beef Short Ribs: aji beef short ribs with golden herbed quinoa; chipotle-braised short ribs
- Country Style Beef Ribs: sweet and spicy beef ribs; buffalo style beef ribs; chipotle-braised country style beef ribs; Asian sweet and spicy ribs
- Beef Spare Ribs: spicy beef back ribs;
- Pork Spare Ribs: spicy spare ribs; slow-cooker root beef ribs; fire-cracker pork ribs; grilled rib supreme
- Pork Baby Back Ribs: all-American Pork Baby Back Ribs; Asian-flavored baby back ribs; Memphis dry ribs; grilled apricot-pineapple pork ribs; Kansas City style pork back ribs; smokey barbecue ribs
- Side Dish Ideas: corn on the grill; calico beans; loaded spinach salad